Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone. hahaha I know I know I am a little late. I hope everyone had wonderful holidays! We sure did. This Christmas season absolutely flew by. Chris was working a million hours a week, and even had a few nights were he came home for dinner and then went back to work all night long. So, due to his ridiculous work schedule we didn't go to any Christmas programs or concerts. It was a little sad, but we do have a baby to play with so it was ok- we have stayed plenty busy with him.
Christmas eve is my favorite! I like it more than Christmas morning I think. Christmas morning always seems to go so fast. Christmas eve does too, but I just like that the anticipation and excitement is at its highest. Christmas eve is also when my family gets together for a big dinner. This year it was a little bit different. A family friend, Adam (who is from Arabic Nation- another story of its own) came for dinner. Stevens friend Chaz (who doesn't have much family around) joined us also. It was very fun to visit with the friends and family. We had a wonderful dinner and desert. Then we opened our jammies-- my mom wont give that up even tho her kids are all growing up. Christopher's are cute little fleecy ones that he is quickly growing into. It was very fun. We said good night and headed home.
Chris and I got home and finished up some packing and got to bed. Packing you ask? yes remember-- we go snowmobiling every year-- leaving Christmas day. Christmas morning came and we got up early to pack the truck up with all our bags. Chris came inside from loading the truck and said " I didn't realize how much stuff it takes for a baby." ---but for a week worth of cabin stay we needed lots and lots of diapers-- they filled a bag on their own. add a baby chair, and extra clothes in case of poop blow outs....oh wow even tiny clothes like his end up taking some space.
CHRISTMAS MORNING! It was so windy, cold and stormy! .... we went to my parents house to open gifts with them and have lunch with the Dame side (my moms family). After lunch we headed out. Off to the cabin we went. The roads were fine till we were in the canyon. Then it was slick and slow the rest of the way there. We made it safe and sound and had a very fun time playing with the family. Ill post more about the trip in the next entry. I have to run- and try and get some errands done before Christopher wants to nap. :) Have a great afternoon.

0 comments: