Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Love Grocery Shopping!

I got my newspapers!!! What does that mean? Well ,there is an awesome system called "GrocerySmarts" that I recently learned about from my friend Tori. I went to a class about the system a while ago and left feeling totally fired up about how I was going to save TONS of money! Well, i got home and my printer wouldn't work (to print online coupons), and I had to wait a few weeks for newspapers to come. You need newspapers so that you have the coupons to help you maximize savings! I have now officially used the system myself and am so excited for the next weeks ads to come! If you want to know more about the system check out the little link picture I have added to my blog.

....back to my story.... SO, a couple of weeks went by that felt so hectic, that not only did I not plan meals, (as I like to do so we don't end up going out and spending lots at a restaurant) but I really did not even try and sale shop. Dumb, I know. I don't know what got into me! But, I do know that more money left my wallet than I am even willing to admit! Seriously! We ate out WAY to many times and I spent a stinking fortune on groceries! It would not seem like a fortune to me if I hadn't learned about the system. But I had, so ... You are wondering why I am telling you this? Well, mostly I am chewing myself out publicly! ha ha, take that self! I messed up and I wont be doing that again. Ever! In fact, with the arrival of my newspapers I wont be spending a fortune for a little bit of groceries ever again. haha I may go over my budget on super sale weeks, but on those weeks I will probably have to blog to share my excitement. As well as to show how much stuff I bought, and how little I spend. Seriously, it is an awesome program! I have tried using coupons before with no luck--but this system makes it easy! It does all the work (well almost) for you. So, unless you have like a serious problem and hate saving money then you should check it out!

3 comments:

Tori Mitchell said...

Thanks Em! You're the best! Let me know if you want to go shopping with me this week?

Ashlyn Ellsworth said...

Hey Em!! You have been tagged for your top 10 favorite things. You have been given the letter R. Have fun thinking of things you love that begin with R.

The Johnson Family said...

You inspired me to share my grocery shopping experience on my blog make sure you check it out. It is fun saving money. I love it.