Monday, August 24, 2009

Fun Weekend

I have had a secret hobby the past couple of years. It is something I love to go do all alone. what is it? Bike. This weekend I was NOT alone but it was so much fun. I rode in the tour of utah race. Here is a picture of me--well, the pack that I was riding in. There was a break away that I so wanted to be a part of but I was content to just be a part of the main group. Chris was along the race to take pictures. hahahaha yeah right! Me, in the tour of utah?!!! good one. We went up the canyon for a picnic and ended up seeing the bikers. That is the true story. There really was a break away group that was ahead of the main pack- but I was not even wishing I was in it. I am amazed at the race course-- It was all up hill. I think I would be so tired after the climbs that I wouldnt even be able to enjoy the ride DOWN the hill/mountain.
Our weekend really was fun. I woke up early to go do my coupon shopping. Tori and I met at walmart to try the price matching game. Lets just say I dont think I will do it again. I have just had so many people ask me about it in classes I figured I had better do it so I could give an honest opinion. It took FOREVER. We did save a ton of money and got all the sale items at one store though. so... anyway.

I got home and we packed up a lunch and went to Cascade Springs. Christopher wanted to climb into the waterfall so bad! Instead of a cute family picture in front of it he had a tantrum. I am not joking. I have no idea where he gets his attitude ;) He was trying so hard to get out of our arms that he scraped his forehead (i guess with his own finger nails?) and made it bleed. poor guy, just wanted to splash. He was happy if he could at least watch the water fall.
There was no picnic grounds there so we went down the canyon to the park and ate lunch there. The kids had so much fun playing in the dirt, and running around. I got an apple out and he figured it was for him. There was no getting it back.

playing in the dirt with his buddy. He wanted to be doing whatever the other kids were doing.

He is definitely all boy....loves the dirt!

0 comments: